The difference between SEO and SEM is like oil and water. Although closely related, you really need one to work without the other. You also need to get a set of rules for each, otherwise your SEO efforts can cause your SEM efforts to suffer, thereby damaging your profitability.
Seo And Sem are two most important words in digital marketing. both works a lot, but you will get a different result by following the two words different procedure. and people telling sem is new word that is why people are following new word. I am going to tell you what is the difference between seo and sem.
SEO is an abbreviation of search engine optimization. This is a technique to get the placement in search engine. And for this SEO people try to make a lot of efforts. and the major benefit of SEO is that you can get placement in front of search engine for your business.
Sem is short for the search engine marketing. Search engine marketing is a variety of online marketing. How search engine work is in a way when a search is done, search engine try to show the best result that people want to show.
The search engine marketing is a marketing tool in which people try to show their business either in website or in social media in the front of search engine. This is a digital marketing technique.
Sem is used to create business. Before this, an advertisement has been used to create business. but, the advertisement is not a useful way to create business. because, in advertisement we have to target general population, and show the best product to a lot of people. But, in seo we have to show the product to the targeted people, and they are already aware of the product.
Sem is a method which is expensive than the regular advertisement. because, the regular advertisement shows the product to general population. and in seo a method is made to show the product to targeted people.
Advantages of SEM:
- SEM strategy can help to get more traffic than SE strategy
- SEM technique are able to track the cost per click of your advertisement
Disadvantages of SEM are:
- SEM technique is expensive to produce the effective traffic
- SEM technique doesn’t track the product information and sale detail
- SEM needs more maintenance for continuous them in front of search engine
The process of SEM:
The process of SEM is simple. First of all the whole detail of your product is shown on the search engine in the form of advertisement, your advertisement will be shown on the top of the search engine. and people will click on your advertisement and they will reach your website then the sale will be happen.
There are two most popular search engine that is used for sem today google and bing.
Difference Between Seo And Sem
Sem is the short of search engine marketing. Search engine marketing is the way to show your business on search engine. and try to give your advertisement in front of the search engine.
- SEO focuses on the front end of the sales funnel, where as marketing and advertising focuses on the back end of the sales funnel.
- SEO is all about creating the need and fostering the desire for the services that your business will be providing.
- Although SEM depends upon SEO, it is super reliant upon the Analytics to guide the customer through the sales funnel.
- SEO targets organic traffic, whereas SEM uses paid traffic to gain the right audience for the conversion.
- SEM will call up to a dozen times to close the sale where as SEO just waits for someone to come along.
- SEO activity can and will be done in house, SEM should be outsourced to a marketing agency.
- SEO is getting traffic to your website, whereas SEM targets outgoing traffic that will engage in a conversion.
- Both are needed in order to see a return on investment but SEO leads the way.
- SEM is your main man, SEO is his wing man!
So what is the lesson to be learned here? You have to work on both in order to see any real return. Otherwise you are going to miss out on potential customers.
Here we take a look at the essential tools of Search engine optimization process which we need for the success.
- Keyword Analysis
- Content Creation
- Site Architecture
- Link building
- On Page Optimization
- Off Page Optimization
- Mobile Marketing
- Local Search Marketing
- Content Marketing
9 tools for Seo
- SEM Rush: It is a keyword and competitor analysis tool. After sign in it will give you detailed insights about your competitors. Facilities like data export, export to excel, accuracy of the tool is amazing. It also provides links to similar sites, which are linking to your competitor’s site. Click here to visit SEMrush
- Google Keyword Planner: It is the best keyword research tool. The data provided is truly reliable. Lets you know about the trending topics across the globe. Also gives local trends of your city and country.
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner: From the Adwords account, you can access Google Keyword Planner. It gives data related to search volume, cost, competition, cpc. Filter the results based on the query. On the basis of cpc, you can make decisions regarding which keyword to use and in which media to use.
- Google Trends: Google trends is a great tool for keyword research and competitive analysis. It also gives local search results. You can generate data of past 6 months, 3 months and 1 month.
- Open Site Explorer: It is an extremely accurate tool for backlink analysis. Site Explorer provided by Google is the best one, but it is only available for the Google account holders. This tool provides a list of backlinks and their respective sites.
- Moz: Moz is one of the tools which is commonly used by the SEO experts. This tools helps in gathering data of backlinks, domains, anchor texts and the ranking of the websites.
- Serpbook: Serpbook is a great tool for keyword research which will provide you leads for keyword competition analysis. It is basically used to find out about the strength of the keyword.
- Website Value: Provides data about the value of the site which helps in the decision making of choosing the site to optimize.
- Sistrix: It is also a backlink analysis tool along with the data of domain comparison.
Thus, it is a great tool for the SEO practice. So what do you think and which one do you use from these tools? Do you have your own list? Do share in the comment section. I am sure it’ll help many aspiring bloggers.