ClickBank has enabled millions of entrepreneurs to earn an income online. It is the world’s largest affiliate marketing network and affiliates pay nothing to join, nothing for software (the Clickbank marketplace), and can transact business in many countries worldwide.
If you would like to make some money selling products on the Internet, then Clickbank is for you.
For anyone who has ever wanted to be their own boss, have more freedom, earn an income from home or just make some extra money on the side by selling products they are passionate about ClickBank is ideal.
The Pros of ClickBank Affiliate Marketing
Here are my Pros for Clickbank affiliate marketing:
- Easy to get started – affordable and no upfront costs or fees
- A large number of products to choose from in most categories
- Simple process for customers to buy the product you are promoting
- Free Clickbank store Builder. Pros: easy, fast, free. Cons: You can only use it if you have a Pro account
- Clickbank has a large customer base and is well-established Pros: It’s free to join, a simple affiliate program to follow. Cons: As with other affiliate networks, you only get paid when your customers buy something
- You can add products from other affiliate programs Pros: The way I see it if you promote ClickBank products then why not other products as well?
Here are my Cons of Clickbank affiliate marketing:
- The Clickbank Marketplace is cluttered. I have seen many new affiliates promote products that are not relevant to their site just because they are easy money, which works in the short term but fails in the long run because most affiliates will fail and think affiliate marketing is a scam
- Clickbank has offered its affiliates free website hosting with a free domain for years. The service was known as CB Pro and it has recently been renamed to WarriorPlus Pros: Having a free website up and running in minutes is great. Cons: The design is not very appealing, limited features, and is extremely hard to customize
- Each product you endorse must be sold through an affiliate link. All links should point to the same Clickbank account.
- Clickbank does not allow its affiliates to create an external tracking link for their own personal use. Instead, they must use the Clickbank Affiliate Window.
- Makes it impossible to track clicks and conversions outside of Clickbank (such as through an autoresponder like Aweber, Getresponse, or Mailchimp)
- Clickbank does not allow tier-based affiliate programs.
Summary There is no upfront costs or fees to join ClickBank, it is free. It takes some time for sales to come through but when they do the commission is 10% of the sale price.
How much you will actually make depends on how motivated you are and what products or niches you choose to promote. Also depends on the price of the product, your commission rate, number of sales, earnings per sale, and how long it takes someone to buy the product.